kSARIA offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package including the following:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Group Term Life and Long-term Disability
- Personal Time off
- 401K retirement plan
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for the engineering at CIA&D, a division of kSARIA Corporation in Forth Worth, Texas. The position will be responsible for reviewing and overseeing customer cable designs and generating cost estimates for military/ aerospace copper assembly products. The individual will report to the CIA&D’s Vice President and General Manager and will have matrix reporting to the kSARIA Director of Engineering in Methuen, MA. The Engineering Manager will interface with Sales and Order Administration, Manufacturing Engineering, and Production functions to ensure the best solution for the customer’s proposal. The Engineering Manager will be expected to manage the process of pulling together all necessary information into a coherent proposal for submittal to the customer.
In addition to customer proposals, the Engineering Manager will be responsible for coordinating all manufacturing aspects associated with CIA&D’s military electrical cable assembly products. This position will develop manufacturing processes for the introduction of new products into production, as well as, supporting technical problem solving related to manufacturing aspects of products already in production. The ideal candidate must be a hands-on problem solver and have a thorough understanding of military grade cable assemblies.
- Coordinates and manages application and process engineering team, projects, work instructions and manufacturing processes for electrical cable assembly products
- Assess and provide feedback for customer cable designs
- Provide training, support, and supervision to process engineering, application engineering, and configuration management
- Establishes standard assembly and test procedures for the manufacture of the company’s cable assembly products
- Design and analyzes tooling and fixtures need for manufacturing
- Support the proposal activity for new customers and products
- Create and implement new processes and procedures to increase factory efficiency
- Collaborates with management team to set and assess priorities
- Assesses cost effectiveness and feasibility of manufacturing processes; makes and implements recommendations to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Supervises tooling operations, ensuring all work is performed accurately and according to quality and safety standards.
- Support sales effort by providing technical consultation to customers on cable design as required.
- Adapt existing product designs to meet new specifications and applications
- Write, review and sign off engineering changes as required.
- Review existing and/or create new detailed drawings, bill of materials and other documentation.
- Evaluate and resolve technical feasibility, design optimization, and production issues
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Proven track record as a senior manufacturing engineer with military cable assembly products
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail oriented and quality metric driven
- US Citizenship required for US Department of Defense work.
- Exceptional working knowledge of all MS Office software products (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Working knowledge of a drawing software tool such as MS Visio, AutoCAD, Solidworks, or equivalent
- Working knowledge of IPC-620 and IPC-610 standards
- Minimum of 10-15 yrs relevant experience
- BSME, BSEE or applicable technical degree minimum
- Fluency in English (verbal and written)