In this exciting role, you will lead, manage and oversee all Commissioning activities of a large portfolio of construction projects for the Laboratory. As a key member of the PIM Division leadership team, you have direct line management responsibility for planning and executing documented Commissioning and Startup strategies to achieve compliance. You will participate in providing a planned, documented, and managed engineering and construction approach to the turnover for pre-commissioning, commissioning, start-up, operations and testing, and final hand-over of facilities, systems, and equipment to the client.
You are responsible for the line management of commissioning staff. You will report progress to DOE and LBNL management. You may serve in an advisory capacity to senior level management and the Laboratory Project Management Officer.
What You Will Do:
- Manage PIM Division Commissioning (Cx) program to ensure project adherence to the building commissioning process.
- Provide technical direction for all participants of the Cx process.
- Identify project risks in consultation with the respective project manager and iCxA, and from them develop the Cx steps to be included with the Cx Plan Checklist.
- Review the overall Cx Plans, including requirements, budget, and activities, in conjunction with the ICxA and project manager to ensure they meet the overall project goals.
- Review final Cx reports and develop Lessons Learned for future projects.
- Review and approve updates for commissioning requirements for the Construction Details and Design Guidelines, and related Master Specifications, as needed.
- Using in-depth knowledge analyzes complex issues of methods and techniques to ensure adherence to process and procedures.
- Work with PIM Senior Leadership team and other senior managers to plan and manage engineering and construction strategies.
What is Required:
- Bachelors/advanced degree in a related field with substantial education and/or related experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and people management experience, with high level expertise in leading teams to deliver a range of operational, business, and strategic project functions.
- Broad knowledge of the industry and regulatory standards (Federal, state, and local).
- Demonstrated high level oral and written communication skills.
- Experience implementing operational improvements resulting in more efficient and effective processes and procedures.
- Extensive experience in the development and implementation of organization-wide policies and procedures.
- Subject Matter Expert on LBNL Commissioning Program and associated practices. Represent PIMD in project commissioning matters with Lab Management, DOE, UCOP, and/or UCNL.
- Expert knowledge and skills in the initiation, planning, and management of very large and complex projects.
- Experience applying analytical and problem-solving skills to complex problems. Demonstrated ability to take initiative, use sound judgment, and provide solutions to ensure results.
- Knowledge of the applicable DOE Orders and practices is highly desired.
- Advance degree and/or state professional certification is a plus.
- This is a full-time, career appointment, exempt (monthly paid) from overtime pay.
- This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
- Berkeley Lab is committed to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) and strives to hire individuals from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives who share these same values and commitments.
- Work will be primarily performed at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4. Click to view the poster and supplement: “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.”
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, and other underrepresented groups presently considering scientific research careers.